Monday, February 15, 2016

Long and Winding Road

The road from Barichara to Bucaramanga is spectacularly beautiful in a hairpin turn, no shoulder, "is he really going to pass this truck now?" kind of way. Lined with majestic views of commanding cliffs and dramatic valleys, I never felt so grateful for the guard rail outside my window. Sharing the 2 lane road with everything from semi trucks to farm equipment, the only thing missing are bicycles. Oh wait, spoke too soon. You brave man. 

The bus driver takes it all in stride with passing skills meant to impress. I've only cringed twice. Remarkable talent. All in all the bus rides have been very pleasant, and a great way to see the country. When things get a little dicey, just look the other way. He's got it. 




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful imagery. I've been on that bus before once or twice! I'm loving these posts and pics. Keep em comin. ❤️

    ReplyDelete