Thursday, March 17, 2016

All Is Well That Ends Well

All is well that ends well. After 5 fabulous weeks in Colombia, backpacking around to parts unknown, the flu bug finally hit. Tried to sleep off a 4 day fever, but ended up with a lung infection that warranted a trip down the mountain to the local hospital.

The man who gave me and Brian the ride down the mountain didn't even hesitate despite the fact it was almost midnight and he had been up since 4 am. He saw we needed help and offered assistance. A trait we found time and again while traveling all throughout Colombia. There's a human connectedness in this country that hasn't been drowned out. Refreshing. I will miss that. 

While I recuperate in Texas, Brian will hit the road again to finish the final leg of our trip solo. I'm still a little numb. Hard to believe I am back stateside so suddenly. So many mixed emotions, but ultimately, I am thankful. I'm thankful for the time I had in Colombia, and I'm thankful for the option to come home to recover. Mostly, I am thankful for family. 

As I hang out in Texas enjoying the company of my parents, I will continue to debrief and process the past month's activities and experiences. I will miss recording these thoughts in our blog. It's been fun and rewarding. For those out there, thanks for listening. 

Ok Brian, it's all yours. I'll be following with love and longing. Thanks for taking care of me. Forever your girl. 

Bogotá 2016

2 comments:

  1. If I wasn't already married to you I would ask you to marry me. xxx Gergetown, Guyana

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I would say YES! Forever.

    ReplyDelete