Friday, February 26, 2016

Los Animales


Yvonne and I were so stoked to walk up Valle Corcora near Salento. The Cocora valley is in the department of Quindío, Colombia. Our walk started in Solento where we got  to ride in the back of an old jeep to the valley. So awesome! I rode standing.

The total hike required 5 hours. A lot of uphill and finally reaching our destination at 2900 meteres. Remember, the math conversion meteres to feet? feet=m*3.28

I placed some pictures for you to check out and I will bring a Colombian present to Mrs. Huerta's class if they can find out the name of the "raccoon like " critter. It has many names. Find the one they use in Colombia. Below is a great link to a video made by some fellow travellers. You can see in the video all the things we experienced. http://bit.ly/1T0kUwc

Yvonne and I love our lives immensely. We are rich in family, friends and our school children. Keep us close. As we do you. 


    Sure looks like a racoon🐒

    You get wet! ☔️

    Wax palms can reach 60 meters. 🌴

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're getting a workout, no? Hope I don't have to cross fit train for our trip back, Brian.

    ReplyDelete